Saturday, October 3, 2009

Here we go!

In 24 hours we'll be on our way! Bags are packed, we're ready to go etc. etc. As you know, it was hit and miss for a while as to whether we would make it at all, but John's pacemaker checked out well (yes, he DOES have a heart!) and although the technician was a little leery of the whole proceding, we are in fact on our way tomorrow. The house is clean (wouldn't want my daughter to meet any dust bunnies!), sprinklers are blown out, all my lists have been checked off and John is just bursting with excitement!! It actually seems a little unreal - we've been planning this trip for about 2 years and the fact that it is turning into a reality is a bit un-nerving. Are we REALLY going round the world in 180 days? Iguess we are, and I hope you'll enjoy the trip with us. I'm going to do my best to keep this up to date, because as many of you know, I have absolutely no memory at all, so without this blog, I won't be able to tell anyone anything about the trip! People have asked me what I'm looking forward to most - don't really know but I am going to try to listen to Heather's dictum - "Live in the moment!" (thanks, Heather, for that and many other things.)

No comments:

Post a Comment